Welcome to Our Website!
Holy Name Primary School is nestled in the heart of Toowoomba city, Queensland, Australia. We provide a co-educational faith-based Catholic education to students from Prep to Year 7.
Holy Name is a Catholic School immersed in the values of the Sisters of Mercy providing:
- Friendly, welcoming, family atmosphere that fosters
the Gospel values & academic excellence.
- A care code that has the student's well-being
at the centre
of everything we do.
- A student resilience program that reflects
and caring classroom/school culture.
- Dedicated and progressive staff who are inclusive
- Well equipped Early Years Centre.
- An indoor Activity Centre that caters for all types of sport.
- An engaging and well-resourced ICT program incorporating I-pads, IWBs and laptops into our pedagogical practices.
- Specialist drama, art and sport teachers.
- A dance and swimming program for all students.
- An extension and enrichment program.
- Visible community spirit.
- Active and dedicated parent body.
- Fun and exciting After School Program delivered in a safe and secure environment.
Click here to view a slideshow of images of our
wonderful buildings, grounds and facilities.....
On behalf of the school community, I invite you to take the time to look at the information available on this website. It is an excellent reflection of the interest and dedication the staff at Holy Name have towards the pupils and families of our fine school.
Kathy Bliss, Principal
2014 ART SHOW
What a wonderful event the annual Holy Name Extend Art Show was!!! A huge thank you to everyone who organised the Art Show and all the work that happened behind the scenes like the displays, children's prizes, raffles, cold room, catering…..the list goes on and on. Without all your help this event would not be the success it is. Thank you also to everyone who helped out on the night, making this evening a resounding success! A massive shout out must go to our stalwart sponsors for their continued support of this event. Your contributions are very much appreciated. Congratulations to all of our competition entrants who received an award for their delightful artwork and to the raffle winners who came home with a prize at the end of the night. For more photos please click here to go to our Photo Gallery.
This week the students in Year 6/7 have been consolidating their knowledge and understanding of Term Three's work by undertaking various assessment tasks. As well as completing assessment, the students have also been engaged in a number of other tasks including the Year 6/7 leadership afternoon, reading with the Prep students and participating in a Soccer gala day.
It has been a very busy but rewarding term. Have a fantastic break and I look forward to seeing you after the holidays! Kerri-ann Manthey