Welcome to Our Website!
Holy Name Primary School is nestled in the heart of Toowoomba city, Queensland, Australia. We provide a co-educational faith-based Catholic education to students from Prep to Year 7.
Holy Name is a Catholic School immersed in the values of the Sisters of Mercy providing:
- Friendly, welcoming, family atmosphere that fosters
the Gospel values & academic excellence.
- A care code that has the student's well-being
at the centre
of everything we do.
- A student resilience program that reflects
and caring classroom/school culture.
- Dedicated and progressive staff who are inclusive
- Newly constructed Early Years Centre.
- An indoor Activity Centre that caters for all types of sport.
- A laptop program for students from years 4 -7.
- Specialist drama, art and sport teachers.
- A dance and swimming program for all students.
- Highly personalised and comprehensive report cards.
- An extension and enrichment program.
- State of the art Library and well equipped Resource Centre
- Visible community spirit.
- Active and dedicated parent body.
- Fun and exciting After School Program delivered in a safe and secure environment.
Click here to view a slideshow of images of our
wonderful buildings, grounds and facilities.....
On behalf of the school community, I invite you to take the time to look at the information available on this website. It is an excellent reflection of the interest and dedication the staff at Holy Name have towards the pupils and families of our fine school.
Kathy Bliss, Principal
YEAR 3 CLASSROOM NEWS
After much waiting and worrying, the eggs that the Year Three class have been incubating have finally hatched!! To the excitement of the class, 11 chickens hatched, and the children were able to witness the process from the very begging to end. This was an amazing experience that engaged the students in learning about life and living things.
As Easter is upon us, the class will also be looking at why the 'egg' is a symbol used at Easter time. It symbolises new life, and the kids have witnessed the new life that eggs, and Easter brings to the world.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish the Holy Name Community a very happy and safe Easter. Lawson Short
|Students of the Week
|Magic 100 Awards
PARENTING IDEAS SCHOOL
Holy Name is now registered as a ‘Parenting Ideas School’ This gives both staff and parents access to the great writing and inspirational ideas of parenting expert, Michael Grose. I have included an article “Engage in your child’s education through volunteering” on in this week's newsletter. As you will read Michael advocates that the more you, as parents are a part of your child’s school life and activities, the greater your child will succeed at school. I encourage all parents to read this article and if possible increase your level of involvement at Holy Name.