As the 2020 school year ends, we reflect with pride on the great achievements of our students, our teachers, and all staff as we witness our students achieving academic success and knowing the presence of Jesus in their daily lives. Of course, none of our successes would be possible without the strong partnership built and nurtured between Holy Name families, the teachers, all staff and the whole community working collaboratively to promote Holy Name as a vibrant and inclusive place of learning. As we reflect on the blessings of this school year, we give thanks and ask for God’s richest blessings as we embark on our holiday break, time spent with treasured loved ones.
COMPLETED PROJECTS 2020
As we reflect on the year past much has been achieved to ensure that our school is moving forward to a sustainable and well-resourced future. We acknowledge the generous, financial contribution of our P&F toward some of these projects. We say thank you. We have:
MAJOR PROJECTS 2020
- A total internal refurbishment and upgrade of our Prep classroom
- Minor refurbishment of the staff room
- Minor refurbishment of the break-out room for learning support
- Purchase 20 laptops
- Purchase 10 iPads
- Purchase technology for our eLearning curriculum
- Purchase sport / activity equipment to support our PMP for the early years.
- Purchase new tables for the Prep classroom.
PLANNING OF PROJECTS 2021
- Refurbish and update the Multipurpose room for our second Prep class
- Purchase new tables and resources for the new Prep classroom
- Refurbish and upgrade the outdoor area for the two Prep classes of 2021.
- Provide further storage (shed) for the Prep to Yr2 play equipment.
- Purchase IT hardware – 10 laptops and iPads where necessary.
Thank you to our consultative groups, School Board, P&F and school staff as we worked together collaboratively to plan these projects to enhance the learning environment and facilities at Holy Name.
FAREWELL MASS AND YR 6 GRADUATION:
Tuesday, December 1 is a very special day for the whole school community when we celebrate our final Mass saying farewell to our Yr6 2020 leaders and welcoming our Yr5 students to the role of leadership of Holy Name Primary School. Mass will begin at 9:00am in the MEAC (Sport Hall). All students will attend the Mass. Yr6 students have invited two special adults, parents / carers to attend the Mass. Fr Costigan will celebrate the Eucharist for us.
Friday, December 4 at 9:30am is the Final Assembly held in the MEAC to celebrate the Holy Name story of the Class of 2020.The celebration will include the Graduation power-point for our Yr6 class of 2020, presentation of certificates, Announcement of School Leaders 2020, P&F presentations to departing families This year the assembly is restricted to the parents / carers of the Yr6 students. The members of the Holy Name School Board and the P&F Executive and meeting group are invited to attend the Yr6 Assembly.